I am back from my little blogging siesta. The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur as so much was going on. However, things are slowing down so I feel like I can sit down and post without a guilty conscience. I know you are all dying to know what I have been up to the last few weeks so I thought I would enlighten you and give you an update (yes I am being sarcastic - I am going to enlighten you whether you want to know or not).
Brayden had his surgery and it went well. The recovery was rough as he was so ill from the anaesthetic and got very dehydrated but he's a trooper and we got through it.
I also managed to complete a work deadline with a week to spare. Phew! I even finished the taxes for the trust fund I manage a whole month before they are due. I hate having stuff like that hanging over my head. Big sigh of relief. Now let's just hope I did it all correctly!
I also celebrated my 37th birthday (funny when I type 37 it sounds so old, but I still feel so young). The kids surprised me with a hand made card which they hid in my dresser drawer so that I found it when I got up. My husband also completely surprised me at the end of the day (before he took me out to dinner) with a lovely new pair of shoes. I was completely stunned and elated. You see this is completely out of character for him. We have been together for 20 years and he has never bought me shoes. It's not actually the fact that he bought me a cool pair of shoes that fit that pleased me so much. What made me so happy was that he made an effort to find a gift that I would truly love and not expect. Thank you!!!
I also saw the movie Juno and was pleasantly surprised. I was not expecting to like it. I thought it was going to be a movie that glorified teen sex and teen pregnancy, just like Hollywood seems to be doing lately. That was not the case. I wont spoil it for you. You will have to see it for yourself to see what you think.
Last but not least I decided to get my hair chopped off. I do that every so often as I get tired of constantly wearing my long hair in a ponytail. I decided to get something a bit more sophisticated. It feels so great having short hair but I tell ya it's a lot more work trying to tame the curl/frizz when it's short.
I hope you are all doing well. I hope to catch up on all my favourite blogs this weekend. I have missed you gals! Have a wonderful weekend.
6 comments:
so glad to see you back :)
And happy to hear that Braydon is doing well! Have a great weekend.
Happy birthday, friend! It sounds like life has been good. I love that your husband bought you shoes (where's the photo?), and think your new haircut is adorable. So glad you're back!
Welcome back and happy birthday! Lately the weather has been a real treat hasn't it? It actually feels a bit like spring!
Yipee you're back! Love the new haircut, it looks great. Happy belated birthday! I can't help but feel a wee bit jealous that you still have a "3" at the beginning of your age. I'm still in denial about 40 cause I feel so young still. (Well most days anyways.)
I'm glad Brayden has recovered and that you have been able to enjoy some family time. The sun has been a welcome sight at our house too!
Happy Birthday!
I am glad to here that your guy is doing well. I am sure you are relieved that the surgery is over!
I think your new haircut is great. I wish I had some of your curl!
Welcome back! Your haircut is really cute... and I can relate to trying to control the curls and frizz with my own hair. The weather sounds wonderful where you are... I wish it would warm up here soon! Happy 37!
Post a Comment