Friday, August 1, 2008

Paradise!

I have been thoroughly enjoying summer holidays with the kids. As you can tell by my lack of posts we have done a fair amount of travelling. We had an unexpected trip which turned out to be one of the best trips we have ever had. We went to a little Island off the West Coast of BC called Salt Spring Island. A family friend has water front property there and offered us her house for the week. Well it was a no brainer that we would go. I tell you it was truly paradise. We had such a wonderful time. The first five days it was the kids, myself and my Mum. My Husband and sister and her family came up for the last 3 days.
We did all kinds of exciting things but the most enjoyable part of the trip was just hanging out with the kids and being with them. There were no distractions up there nothing to take my time and attention away from the kids so they were in heaven. Danielle really came out of her shell up there and absolutely loved being up there, away from the city, enjoying the freedom that a small Island offers. I could go on and on....but I wont...I leave it at it was a very special trip and we have many fond memories. Speaking of memories here are some of my favourite photos from our trip.

Checking out the tide pools.

A camouflage Sea Star.
Danielle patting a pony at the sheep farm by the house we stayed in. Danielle was given some free Yarn from the owner of the farm...she fell in love with Danielle. Of course she started knitting right away on a scarf.
Danielle and my Niece.
Sea Stars.
Brayden and my Nephew discovered some Deer right on the beach.

The view from the deck at Sunset!
This dog, Zen, was the highlight of the trip for the kids. It was a neighbours dog who befriended the kids. Everyday he showed up with his ball or a stick to play.

I hope you are all well and enjoying your summer. I hope to pop by your blogs in the next few days to catch up. Until then...Take Care!



5 comments:

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

sounds like paradise indeed :)
glad to hear you are enjoying your beautiful family. Looks like you had a terrific time.

can you believe it's august 1st?

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

I want to come next time...looks wonderful. I love, love, love wandering around tide pools!

beki said...

That sounds wonderful, Erin!

Julie said...

What a beautiful place and photos! Glad to hear you have been having a wonderful summer!

sulu-design said...

Wow - it really sounds like you had the perfect family vacation. I'm glad that it went so well and that the kids enjoyed it so much. Have fun with what is left of the summer!