Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Reads

I have to confess I am a bookaholic. Not only does reading excite me but I actually get a high going into the library or a bookstore, seeing all those beautiful books lined up on the shelves, just waiting to be read. Weird?! Yep! But I am okay with that. I have a fantasy of one day owning my own bookstore on a quaint little Island off the Pacific Northwest. Bookstore on one side, coffee shop slash home made Nick knacks-craft store on the other! While this is not necessarily an attainable goal in the near future, a girl has got to have dreams! For now borrowing books from the local library will have to do!

So what have I been reading this summer you ask? If I had to choose my absolute favourites, I would say they are: Secret Daughter, Sisters of the Sari , Left Neglected, and The Help. These are not light and fluffy books. These books really made me think about my life and how much I have to be grateful for, and how perhaps, I take certain things for granted. Sometimes I need to read books like these to remind me that despite my struggles, life is bigger then me. They were all great books. Like stay up until 2 am in the morning because you can't put them down good! You can either take my word for it, or read them for yourself and see what you think!

I am also reading a few non-fiction books right now, but they relate to parenting Tweens and Teens, and that my friends is another post (or two or three) for another day!

Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

laura said...

great suggestions i need a new book to get my teeth into