We had a fantastic time in Seattle. Our spirits weren't even dampened when we had to wait 2 1/2 hours to cross the border. It was well worth the wait.
Our first stop was the Woodland Zoo. It was so amazing. Although I must admit it was bitter sweet. It was an incredible experience to see all the animals, but sad seeing them caged and not in their natural environment.

Perhaps my favourite animal was the Brown Bear. He was walking all about and picking up logs and tossing them into the little river.



It was incredible to see this Mother Gorilla nursing her 5 month old baby. She was so exhausted she kept falling asleep while nursing. I am sure all you mothers out there can relate to that!
The spotted Jaguar was Danielle's favourite animal. He was captivated by her for some reason. He kept coming up to the glass in front of her. Perhaps he was thinking that she looked like a tasty treat!
We just fell in love with Seattle. It is so quaint. I loved all the old character homes in the communities that we drove through! I have so much more to say about Seattle and our trip but you will just have to come back tomorrow for more! :o)
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Holiday!
3 comments:
Oh! Your break took you to the other side of the border! It looks like you had a great visit - looking forward to hearing and seeing more.
we went to the zoo yesterday!
sounds like you had a great trip...can't wait to hear more about it.
what a great time you had! Your photos are terrific and the kids are adorable :) I'm glad you had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment