Friday, March 28, 2008

Seattle:: Part Two

The day after the Woodland Zoo we ventured to Discovery Park an old Military Base Just outside of Seattle. We had heard that there was a beautiful beach there. Being the beach family that we are we set out on an exciting adventure. First we discovered this old light house and caretakers house. The pictures really don't do it justice but it was breathtaking. The light house was on a little spit of land that juts out into the ocean.

Of course what's a beach excursion without a play in the sand and a little sword fight with drift wood??

Another neat find was this huge clay cliff. It must have been at least 100 feet tall. The kids were over the moon as they could make things with the clay. Well actually Danielle made things and Brayden hucked chunks of clay at the wall and loved watching it crumble! We collected all kinds of treasures from the beach and had a fantastic time. If you are ever in the Seattle area I would highly recommend discovery park!
Well I couldn't sign off without posting a picture of one of my favourite bushes. My forsythia is blooming. The weather has been very warm and sunny the last few days and all kinds of things are popping up in the garden. That being said we had a freak snowfall this morning. Eek. Fortunately it's not sticking but I just feel bad for my poor garden!
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!

2 comments:

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

We are a total beach family too, so I can tell you guys had a fabulous day there. That cliff... incredible. I would have loved to make something with that clay :)

Anonymous said...

The beach....wish I was there! I love the pictures, Erin. It looks so beautiful and peaceful where you visited!