Monday, March 3, 2008

A thump in the night.

It was well past midnight when I was awoken from a deep sleep to the sound of a loud thumping noise coming from our backyard. My first thought was someone was trying to break into our house. Of course darling husband didn't hear a thing so I woke him so he could go and investigate. He wasn't too pleased with me. He said it's windy something is probably blowing around. Then suddenly he heard it too and a look of panic crossed his face. We both crept down stairs ready to spring into action. The noise was coming from the patio. We were perplexed as if there was someone there our security light would have gone off. Suddenly I got this sick feeling that the loud thumping noise might have something to do with the black rat trap box next to our BBQ! EEK!!!!!!!!!!!! It was coming from the Rat box and the box was literally moving and thrashing about. My first thought was I was going to have a panic attack. You see I have an absolute rodent phobia. For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, you will recall the story I posted about in the summer, about the rodent in the BBQ. I thought I had scared off Mr. Furry Fiend with all my screaming. Seems not.
He has came back to torment me. About a month ago I heard a critter climbing the outside wall by our living room. Then it sounded like it was inside the living room wall. I woke up DH and made him seal up every imaginable hole in the house. The next morning I called a Pest Control company. They placed two black Rodent trap boxes in our yard. One right next to our BBQ on the patio. Well last night we had yummy BBQ steak for dinner. Seems my furry fiend wanted to sample some steak. He waited until we were sound asleep. Unfortunately for him he decided to check out the yummy scent coming from the Rat box instead of the BBQ....BAM! Poor thing I do feel badly for it as it was thrashing about in there for a good 2 hours. Then all was quiet. I am thinking either it died or escaped. I guess I will just have to wait for the pest control company to come and collect the box. Hopefully we wont be seeing anymore of him.

5 comments:

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

eek! I would have freaked out! I remember the BBQ story from last summer too!

I hope it's not dead :) As much as I hate rodents, I hate to think the little guy was killed.

Julie said...

Oh, my... I'm not crazy about rodents either! Just this morning, Cameron was asking again if he could get a pet hamster. Of course, he knows I'm not thrilled with the idea. To me hamsters = mice.

Anonymous said...

I do dislike rodents,and I especially dislike them when they are close to the house! I hope yours stays away!

sulu-design said...

Oh, no. I thought the rodent drama from the summer was solved. I hope the one that woke you the other night has run far away and told his friends to steer clear of your place!

beki said...

Ewww, yuck!