For the last two weeks our house has been full of sickies. Danielle was first with a mild cold. Then it hit me a bit harder with a flu type cold. By saturday we thought the rest of the family had escaped it. We were relieved as we were supposed to host a big Mother's Day celebration at our house. Didn't happen. On Mother's day Brayden woke up sick. At first it wasn't anything too bad. However, he took a turn for the worse yesterday with a really high fever and terrible chest cold and cough. His asthma is horrible as a result. Poor little guy isn't able to sleep as that's when he has his coughing spells and requires his puffer. I hate it when I see my kids sick and/or suffering. Especially when it's breathing issues. Ugh!
One thing the kids enjoy when they are sick is the fact that we bring down a spare mattress and make a nice cosy bed on the living room floor in front of the TV. The hope is that it will encourage rest. But Bradyen was resisting sleep even though I know he was exhausted. He decided that he would watch a DVD. After a little while I realized he was awfully quiet. Look what I discovered when I went to check on him. I know I am a bit twisted taking a picture of my sick sleeping child and then posting it on my blog. I think the lack of sleep and cabin fever are clouding my judgement. :o)
This is what I was originally going to post for my daily photo challenge. Nothing too exciting as I am stuck in the house and it's pouring rain out. This is my sad looking window box, in need of some serious TLC. I am itching to get out there and plant all my summer flowers but it shall have to wait! I have a little boy that needs all the TLC he can get!

2 comments:
i hope brayden feels better soon.
It's amazing how kids resist sleep sometimes! I can remember a time when Evan was sick and fighting a much needed nap... I found him standing up, leaning into the couch-- sleeping! I wish I had taken a picture.
Post a Comment