In the last few months Bradyen has gotten into two unpleasant situations at school. One of them involved a trip to the principals office. The first situation involved testing out some choice words he had heard some of the older kids using on the playground. The second incident occurred after school on the playground when Brayden tried to solve a situation in which he was being bullied by two older kids. He resorted to shoving an older girl after she punched him and her brother kicked him. I tell ya it was not a good situation. Brayden was very shaken up and scared by the incident. Needless to say, I have had a heavy heart sending my son to school these last few weeks. Worrying will he get into trouble? Will he be bullied again? Will he get hurt? Will he make wise choices? I was starting to get paranoid thinking why is all this happening to Brayden and not Danielle? Is there something about him that makes him get into these situations? I was focusing on the negative and getting caught up in it.
So you can imagine my utter joy when a parent of one of Brayden's classmates came up to me today to tell me that my son had done something really wonderful for her son. At first, when she approached me to ask me if she could talk to me about Brayden, my first thought was "Oh great, what has my son done now"? Isn't that awful? To keep it brief, Brayden stood up for this boy who was being teased by some boys and was crying. Brayden stood up to the other boys on his friends behalf and then comforted his friend. I was so pleased that the Mother told me about this situation. So often as parents we usually hear about the bad stuff. Not sure why that is. I am just so thankful that she told me what had happened. I do love my boy dearly, I know he has a tender heart and an extremely strong will. He is a great boy. It shouldn't take the talk of another parent to remind me of that.
7 comments:
hooray for brayden!
Oh he is too sweet for words.
You should be proud!
How cute such a cute kid get into trouble! ;)
Hang in there mom, we all worry about our kids. The bad things that he does are teaching opportunities and a time for guidance. He is going to turn out just fine.
I say this right as we are dealing with some big stuff with our 17 year old. I need to reflect on those things I wrote in the above paragraph!
Good for Brayden, standing up for another boy! He knows what's right Erin--he has a good foundation. XO
what a little hero.
It's unfortunate that we usually hear of the rotten things our children have done. What a great thoughtful mom she must be to share something wonderful!
Oh- and I think I would have given the puncher a shove too, but don't tell Brayden!!
What a proud moment for you... I know it can be difficult for children (and even adults) to stand up for what's right and Brayden did that!
Post a Comment