Well the obligatory back to school cold has finally struck our house! Without fail Brayden and I always catch it. We are both home doing what we do best when we are sick. Bradyen relaxing on the couch with a book and me baking in the kitchen. I don't know why I have the desire to bake (and clean) when I am sick, but my family doesn't mind as they are the recipients of the goods!
Here is the recipe:
Ridiculously Simple Banana Bread
1 1/4 cups of Flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup of oil
1 cup of sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour!
I follow the basic recipe however, I omit the walnuts (for allergies) and put in chocolate chips instead. See isn't that much healthier. I cut the sugar in half and I add 1 tsp of cinnamon, about 1/2 cup of oats and about 2 Tbs. of ground flax seed. Yummy!
6 comments:
Chocolate chips are much more popular in my house! Usually when making banana bread (or anything really) I substitute yogurt for the oil- turns out exactly the same and is better for you :-) I never tell anyone and no one ever knows!
Blueberry muffins and banana bread are faves in my house too!
I hope you are feeling better soon. We have had a little bug run through our house already too. I am not looking forward to the full-on cold and flu season!
We love banana bread too! I always use my grandma's recipe... but hers definitely comes out better than mine! She's still baking at 97 years old!
yummy! I hope you all feel better soon :) Davis is home today with a horrible cough + cold.
Hope everyone is feeling better in your house. The bug hit here too!
I have the best banana bread recipe. It has crushed pineapple in it which makes it so moist. (Might sound strange but it is oh so good.) The funny thing is my kids aren't fond of pineapple but love the bread. I'll email it to you if you want to try something new.
Too funny Erin, that is my fave banana bread recipe too- where will the similarities end and when will we find out where we know each other from?
Shauna
Post a Comment