
Do you ever wish when your kids were born that they came with a manual? A sort of "how to" if you like. Sometimes I encounter situations with my kids where I am at a complete loss as to how to handle it. Not the little day to day stuff but the big stuff. All kinds of issues arise when you are a parent and I think none of us really ever expected to have to deal with the things we deal with when raising our kids. Maybe I am just naive. Anyways, we have been dealing with some issues with our son over the last few years that are stressful and very taxing. It's hard sometimes to know what to do. I know I am being vague but I don't really want to go into too much detail as my mothering instinct is strong and I feel the need to protect Brayden. All I can say is that child rearing would be so much easier if there was a manual to turn to when you don't know what to do. To ensure that you are making a good wise decision. I know obviously there are no such manuals as no two children are alike. Everyone has different ways of dealing with things so what might be right for one family wont work for another. I guess all I can do is hope and pray to God every day that I am making the right choices for my children and pray even harder that I wont screw them up!
8 comments:
Oh, Gosh, Erin. I'm thinking of you a lot. I'll be praying for you, too.
XO
you're a great mum and love your kids. How can you screw them up :)
I'm sure things will work out. Somehow, they always do :)
It sure can be hard some days (weeks? months?) Thinking about you guys and praying for you.
big hugs. being a mom is tough stuff.
I feel the way! Where is the how-to book for these guys!??!!
I think that when this is all over, I will have gained lots of wisdom from all of the mistakes I have made, but I would rather do it right from the start, you know?
I will be praying for you and for Brayden. He sure is a cutie!
Said a prayer for you just now...
Have faith, Erin. You are a good parent and I'm certain your instincts will lead you on the right path.
Wishing you the best, Erin. You are so thoughtful and reflective when it comes to your parenting. I'm sure you'll make your way through this just fine.
Post a Comment