I once again apologize for not blogging. Life is just busy and I have been dealing with things that require a lot of my time, energy and emotions. But I just had to share this beautiful story Danielle wrote. Funny she never showed it to me....I just discovered it on her desk this morning as I was tidying up. She wrote it at the end of the school year last year as an art assignment. For some reason, reading her little story made me so emotional. Art has always been so important to her and really is a window into who she is. It's always how she expresses herself. I'll stop rambling but indulge me in my crazy Mama moment!
I am an Artist by Danielle
Art is like understanding yourself. Like Charcoal, life memories are never really forgotten. It's always there. You can't do it over, it always stays there.
My favourite Medium is pencil. When I erase what I drew, I can still see a little bit of it, still, they are like your memories. Try erasing it and you can mostly and always remember the memory. Just like drawings that you can't erase. My other favourite medium is chalk pastel.
When I finish my work I always keep the pictures and give them to my mom to keep and she puts them on the fridge. I also keep them as a memory for when I am much older. Sometimes I wish someone would ask for a piece of my artwork to keep. I also would like to have my art put in an art gallery; I wish that could happen soon.
Art is like how you are feeling. Draw smiling people on one of your good days. Draw frowning people on one of your bad days. Art is really a way to express and understand how you feel!
By Danielle
I think this Mama needs to go and draw a happy face after I wipe my tears!
3 comments:
oh that is so sweet.
I would get choked up too :)
beautiful!
That is beautiful....what an insightful, creative girl! Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope your start of the school year is going well.
BTW referring to your older post, have you read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan? I was moved by it. If you haven't read it I think it's a good read.
Post a Comment