Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hello Goodbye

HELLO::
I'm still here. I find some days I am so good about posting and really get into it but other days my enthusiasm and energy wanes! I'm sure you all understand! I think it's just that I am in summer mode. I've got kids that need my attention so the blog gets pushed to the back burner. I digress. This post is supposed to be about Hello & Goodbye. Moving right along...
This weekend we drove an hour from our place to my favourite lake for a huge family birthday party. The scenery is breathtaking! I never get sick of this place.
At the party someone brought coloured hair spray for the kids to goof around with. Let me tell you it was a hoot. There were about 50 people at this party and a good 90% of us had coloured hair by the end of the party!

What's a party without a Pinata?

GOODBYE::
Goodbye for a few weeks. We are off on Thursday for our annual beach holiday to Vancouver Island. The above picture was taken of Danielle last year at Qualicum Beach, where we are headed for part of our time. For the first part we will be camping, and for the second part staying in a little hut across from the beach. I am so excited. I just love the beach. There is something so magical and relaxing about the sound of the waves and the smell of the sea air. Our days will be taken up with skim boarding, beach combing for sand dollars, sea glass and sea shells. Our nights will be filled with camp fires, smores, singing and story telling.
The book bag is packed. We've got the chocolate, marshmallows and Hawkins cheezies. You know I think we are all set to head off on our adventure.
Take care of yourselves and enjoy your summer. I look forward to reconnecting when I get back.






5 comments:

Julie said...

That lake picture is gorgeous.... have a wonderful time at the beach with your family!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful wonderful time!
Enjoy :)

beki said...

Enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation! Sounds wonderful...camping, s'mores, a hut by the beach...Enjoy! XO

Kimmie said...

HI Erin

May your vacation be blessed with many wonderful "cherishable" times- may you rise each morning with a song on your heart, and may you not loose it by days end.

Enjoy your summer holiday with those you love...thanks for visiting my blog...hope you will come back once you settle back at home.

cheers;
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
** now #26 on our adoption agencies girls waiting list-yippee