Monday, August 27, 2007
Our trip: Wildlife
The scenery on the West Coast of Vancouver island is breathtaking. I could see myself living there one day. Sorry I digress.... here are a few of my favourite shots of wildlife from our trip!
Brayden spotted three snakes wrapped up in a tree. EEK. I am so not a snake person!
Lot's of little and big crabs. The kids enjoyed collecting them and putting them in buckets of water...of coarse we released them after a little bit.
One of my favourite things to do when I go to Qualicum beach is look for Sand Dollars. There are tons there. We were able to find a few that had died to bring home.

There is a great country market called Coombs on the island. Not only do they have great pottery, wooden toys and yummy fresh food they have Goats on the roof!
Last but not least....our friend Bambi. Bambi was a baby fawn who was living in the thicket behind our campsite. Every so often he and his mother would come out to graze on some grass. I know some people find Deer a nuisance...but I love them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, so much wildlife! I'm sure the kids loved that.
I hate snakes too! EEEK.
What a fun afternoon though to spend with the family!
That jellyfish looks huge!
I love the sand dollars--I've never seen one in it's natural habitat.
Post a Comment