What do you mean you have never heard of the word RODENTAPHOBIC? Just look in the dictionary you'll see it.
Def'n: Rodentaphobic = a grown woman, married, mother of two, university degree who is completely petrified, terrified, horrified of all living rodents! Yep that's me!
Sunday night DH was sitting at the dining room table and suddenly shouted out that there was a rat scurrying around on our patio. He said it came out from under our BBQ. Well that was it for me. I have refused to go out into my back yard since. No more barbecuing for me. Well it was pretty warm tonight so I decided to stop being such a wimp and BBQ some steaks. My friend had just popped by for a wee visit. So I dragged her outside with me for moral support. First off I cautiously opened the patio door, then proceeded to kick and shake my BBQ! Phew...nothing happened. I got a little braver and pulled off the BBQ cover. Still nothing. Now I must mention I am doing this all one handed as the other is clutching my friend. I figured I was safe as surely if anything was in the BBQ I would have scared it off by now. Well imagine my surprise when I lifted the lid of my BBQ and saw this.....
This little creature (picture not mine, credit here)decided to take up residence in our Brand new BBQ. I tell ya I have never screamed so loud in all my life (well okay maybe it was right up there with childbirth). My friend and I started screaming, the kids started screaming and we dropped the BBQ lid and ran into the house. I was sweating bullets by this time, I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack!Well fortunately DH came home from work. He totally didn't believe my story (yet he grabbed a broom to lift up the BBQ lid from the safety of our patio door) and went to investigate. He managed to lift the lid of the BBQ and imagine his surprise and my absolute horror when he saw the fury little fiend in our BBQ. Okay can I just say what a completely dumb critter it was. Why didn't it escape when it had the chance. Was it trying to seriously torment me. IT WORKED!
After several minutes of screaming and sweating and crying... I braved it and hit the grill with the broom. The fury fiend fell out. I tell ya he must have sniffed a tad too much propane as he was so dumb...instead of running into the garden for safety... he ran up the wall of my house. EEK!!!!!!!!! Conspiracy I tell ya, he is going to haunt me from my bedroom window tonight. All I can say is thank GOD we have screens on all our windows! BTW... the critter turned out to be a mouse not a rat...but really they are all the same too me!
I think my friend felt so bad for me that she showed up again later tonight with this...
I thanked her profusely and told her I'd call her when the mouse was caught so that she could come and dispose of it! BTW...anyone want a free BBQ? :o)
7 comments:
I think that my picture is in the dictionary next to the definition!
I hope you catch your visitor so that you can dispose of him quickly.
I would have screamed loudly + ran away too! I am not good with little creatures at all!
oh my! i am laughing so hard! i would have been screaming, too.
Oh, Erin, what an adventure! Best of luck in the capture! XO
I'm with you, rodents are awful creepy little things.
One time my cat dragged in a dead rat and left it on my bedroom floor partially hidden under a sock. When I got up in the morning I walked right beside the sock and felt something cool and rope-like under my bare foot. I bent down, picked up the sock and there it was. I has stepped on the tail!! I won't tell you about the screaming panic I was in, but I will tell you I had to bleach my foot. More than once.
Hope you capture the little creature soon... I would be screaming too!
This made me laugh (sorry to do so at your expense). I'm glad to hear that even homes in nice neighborhoods get little visitors every once in a while. I thought it only happened in dirty city apartments!
Post a Comment