I have a major confession. I have been trying to eat healthy and exercise daily for the last few weeks. I was doing oh so well...I had even managed to loose 10 pounds. However, I royally blew it today!! :o( I was feeling a bit too confident I guess as I went grocery shopping this morning. I new that I had to buy a few goodies to put in the kids advent stockings so I picked up some Hershey's Kisses, some York Chocolate Covered Peppermint Patties, and a few mini candy canes. I rushed home and before eating lunch decided I better fill up the stockings. BIG MISTAKE! Never ever touch chocolate on an empty stomach...especially if you are me. A self confessed Chocoholic! I decided I would just have a little nibble on one of the patties...after all I had to make sure they were okay for my kids!! Well then I thought I had better make sure the Hershey's kisses were safe and the candy canes too. (I know you are all thinking I am such a caring Mum, testing candy to make sure it's safe for my loved ones! Right?) Well lets just say, it's pretty hard to eat just one Hershey's kiss and Mini Peppermint Pattie. Sigh!!! But this is today and tomorrow is a new day right??? Just because I screwed up today doesn't give me the excuse to overindulge everyday. I made a mistake...I need to forgive and move on and get back on track tomorrow!
5 comments:
congrats on losing ten pounds. That is awesome! Don't beat yourself up too much about today... like you said, just start again tomorrow :) good luck!
I am not even joking when I say that i am sitting here eating a nice big piece of Hershey's chocolate cake leftover from Aubrys b-day this weekend! Aaargh! I guess I will be getting on the wagon with you tomorrow!
Tomorrow is a new day...
my poor kids. we have NO crap in the house because mama has no self control. i bought oreos for the first time in months this week and the entire package was consumed by my hubby and kids in 24 hours. geez.
Been there, done that! Don't get discouraged, you need a little indulgence every now and then. And really, you haven't undone everything you've done, you just had a littel bump in the road. Good job, Erin!!
I can relate... I've also been working on loosing weight and on days when I've splurged on sweets, I've felt guilty. But I'm getting better about it and trying to stay focused on what I've accomplished. Like you've said, you can always make the decision to get back on track.
Post a Comment