Friday, December 7, 2007

Double Whammy!

It started out to be such a great day... but I was hit with a double Whammy today. I've had some very sad news today regarding my Mum and her health. Then the mail came and I received some upsetting news from Children's hospital regarding Danielle. I am trying to be positive because I know God has a plan and he will always walk with us, but sometimes it's hard. It's times like this that I always find comfort in Psalms 23:4



Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever



My beautiful Children give me comfort too. Their personalities, their quirks, their love and the sweet little things they do. I was feeling overwhelmed when something on the Christmas tree caught my eye. Unbeknownst to me, Brayden added a Lego plane to the tree. Just what our tree needed to brighten it up and to lift my spirits.



8 comments:

Susan said...

Erin, sending you hugs and prayers.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I hope your mum's health turns around. She will be in my prayers as well as some prayers for danielle's health. I hope she is going to be ok!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Erin. You are in my prayers.

XO

randi said...

I am sending you my prayers and my thoughts today, Erin. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. God is so capable of working in these situations and also to walk you through all of this.

I am here if you want to chat, OK?

Julie said...

I'm praying for you all, Erin.

beki said...

Oh Erin, I'm so very sorry! My prayers go out to you.

Heidijayhawk said...

my prayers are with you my sweet dear friend!

sulu-design said...

Erin, I'd taken a big break from my blog reading this month as the handmade holiday promise had me so busy. It's only now that I'm reading this post, and I'm hoping that things have gotten better in the past couple weeks. You and your family are in my thoughts. Be well, friend.