I forgot to share this photo with you from our summer holidays. My son was being a little entrepreneur. He decided he to pick blackberries from around our cabin at the resort and sell them for "FREE". He didn't know how to spell blackberries so he had his sister help him make the sign (I didn't have the heart to tell them they spelt it wrong, it added to the charm), and voila, free blackberries. Can you believe not one person took him up on his awesome offer? Well except me of course. :o) Got to give him credit for trying though, two nights and no takers, he finally gave up the third night and ate them all!
Now on to other business. A few of you have asked about what type of business I would be doing. I thought I would give you the low down. A few years ago I had my own Organizing Business. While I did enjoy it, I felt I wanted to do more then just organize. I felt like I was limiting myself. There were other areas of the business that I wanted to expand on. So here we are a few years later and I have decided to take the plunge. My business will focus on Home Support services specializing in organization/management/support. It's a pretty big umbrella but it allows me to include almost anything, such as my contract work for the University, home organizing and management, staging, personal shopping etc. For now it allows me to dabble in this and that until I find my Niche. My first contract is for a small educational company that puts together educational craft packages for preschools, Girl Guides and Schools. For now I will be organizing the packages (from home :o) and by Christmas I will have the opportunity to lead craft workshops in a few schools during lunch time.
So there you have it, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. It works for me. I am sure it's going to be an interesting journey with a few bumps along the way, but I am up for the challenge and am really excited to be my own boss!
6 comments:
No one wanted any blackberries? Too bad, they missed out!
Your new business sounds very interesting - I wish you were close because I sure could use some organizing!!
How cute are your kids? I would have loved those blackberries :)
Congrats on your new business! How exciting. It's such a hot field right now and I am positive you are going to be one busy bee!
i would have taken him up on those blackberries!
congrats on your business - it is a great concept and i am sure you will go far.
Erin! I'm so excited for you! I know that you've been wanting to work from home for a while now, and this business sounds right up your alley. I wish you luck in the start up and look forward to hearing more about your projects. Congratulations!
Your guy is the cutest business man! I would have been a customer, for sure!
Your new venture sounds interesting! I would love to do something like that.
So exciting to hear that you are taking the plunge and starting your own business! It's a great idea and sounds like fun!
Post a Comment