Friday, September 21, 2007

Thrifting Therapy

I've been having one of those weeks where you want to escape it all and run away. I didn't but I did the next best thing. I ran off to the local thrift shop for a few hours to drown my sorrows! While I didn't score as good as some, we wont mention any names like BEKI, I did find a few treasures! The first being these awesome hard cover books, for under a dollar.

I also scored a brand new fleece robe for Danielle. Perfect for our chilly fall mornings. My best find of the day was this little wooden doll cradle. As soon as I saw it I new it would make a perfect Christmas gift for my wee little niece. I have grand plans for it. Paint it a few bright and cheery colours and dress it up a bit with some cute designs. Make a little mattress, sew up a cute little pillow and matching mini-quilt.



Well I did have grand plans for it. Look what I found in Danielle's room this morning! Maybe she will tire of it soon!



Have a great weekend. See ya all next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff!
Retail therapy always works for me :)
Have a great weekend!

sulu-design said...

Some cute finds! I do love that your daughter made quick use of the crib - so sweet.

randi said...

Danielle knows a good thing when she sees it! Fun stuff!

Heidijayhawk said...

treasures indeed!