Monday, September 10, 2007

Our weekend

It has been a busy weekend full of all kinds of excitement. First off the kids got the teachers they had hoped for. Danielle's teacher has already started teaching them the guitar. She is over the moon about that.
I also had a meeting with someone this weekend about starting up my own business. It's something I have always wanted to do...be my own boss. We discussed a business proposal and as of next week I have my first contract. It's only five hours a week which suites me just fine. It's doing something I enjoy and I can do it from home while the kids are in school.
Finally, we also went for a lovely bike ride around the city sea wall. I tell ya the scenery can't get any better than this!
Now I must run....I am off to finish up "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini (Author of The Kite Runner). It's one of those books you just can't put down.

6 comments:

beki said...

Congrats on the business! What type of work will you be doing?

randi said...

Beautiful picture! I am looking forward to hearing more about your business!

Julie said...

How beautiful to be able to bike around an area like that! I'm also interested in hearing about your new business!

Anonymous said...

Oh so what kind of business will you be doing that only requires 5 hours? I want that!

Can't wait to read that book, but I'm going to wait to suggest it to my book club :) Glad to hear it is soo good!

Anonymous said...

congrats! looking forward to hearing more about you new business!

Family W said...

What an awesome picture!! Did you take it? It's absolutely gorgeous!