One of my passions is reading, I love to read, anything and everything (except romance and science fiction novels). I always had the intention of reading A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith, but had never gotten around to it. That is until this summer. I must say it was perhaps one of my favourite books so far. It is an old time classic that takes place in the early 1900's. It is written from the perspective of Francie Nolan a young girl growing up in a poor part of Brooklyn. Francie's family led a very simple life, and they were just getting by. Yet, I actually found myself envying their life. Not their financial struggles but more the simplicity of their daily living. Anyways, I'll stop talking just in case you want to read it, if you haven't already.
Off to bed...tomorrow's a busy. It's the first day back to school for the kids. Enjoy your day!
7 comments:
I'll definitely have to check that one out. :) Your kiddo's are adorable. :)
it's been on my list for a long time, too.
I read that book last year and I loved it too! Perfect story!
Thanks for the book recommendation!
We're doing back to school stuff today too. Hope yours goes well.
I think I may have seen an old movie a long time ago... but I'll definitely have to try to find the book!
Hope the first day back to school goes well for all of you! Enjoy your lunches with B!
I read it back in high school and not since. I can hardly remember it. I've just finished another book (While I was Gone by Sue Miller- really good, kept me up late a couple of nights) so now is the perfect time to dig out Francie Nolan and read about her all over again.
I'm glad you mentioned this book. It's one of my mother's favorites and I always meant to read it but never did. I'm adding it to my list now.
Post a Comment