I am finding it really difficult to start this post. I write, read and delete. There is so much I want to say but it's hard as I try not to get too personal on this blog and I do try to keep it upbeat. No one wants to come and listen to a complainer. That being said, I feel the need to explain my sporadic and boring posts and update you as to what's going on.
My Darling Danielle is having a very difficult time adjusting to being in intermediate school. Anxiety is something she struggles with and unfortunately numerous circumstances at school and my Mum going through Chemotherapy, have provoked it. Anxiety is such a difficult thing to deal with in children. If you say the wrong thing you can make it worse. It's like walking on egg shells. I feel very badly as she is unable to concentrate and sleep and has lost her appetite. I am trying to deal with it the best I can but I tell ya it breaks my heart to see her suffer like this. She is such a lovely compassionate caring, kind and lovely little girl. She brings such incredible joy to my life and I want to make it all better for her. I want to wrap her up and protect her from all the bad things in life. But I can't... I have to help her learn to help herself.
Right now all my energy is focused on parenting, working, volunteering, and caring for my Mum. I find by the end of the day I have nothing left to give. I'm done... brain freeze...nothing exciting to say. I promise you once life sorts itself out I will be back to more exciting and upbeat posts. Until then... bear with me.
7 comments:
Sorry you're all having a tough time lately! You have a lot on your plate don't you? Be well and take care of yourself and those cute kids!
No pressure here. Post when you can and don't worry about trying to say the perfect thing. Sometimes it is OK to let people know what is going on---this is not complaining!
I am sorry to hear about Dani. (She is a darling girl, her eyes are lovely!) This period of time is preparing her to deal with the stress and pressures of adulthood so all of the time and energy that you are investing in her will NOT be wasted. You are helping to mold her into the girl God wants her to be.
Give her lots of hugs and try to take a little bit of time just for you. Bubble baths are perfect because they only take a short time, but they are great rechargers!
(((HUGS))) for you today!
Praying that things become less stressful for you and Danielle! I can definitely relate to anxiety in children and wanting to just take it all away and make it better...
oh, erin, i am so sorry to hear this. i know your heart has to be aching. jane has moments like this, too....i have found that if she writes it down in a journal, it makes it a bit easier. maybe that would work for dani too. thinking of you and your sweet girl!
Dear Erin,
Praying for you and for Danielle as you struggle with this. Praying too for extra time together for the two of you and lots of opportunity to talk through things together.
With love,
Joanne
Erin, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how precious Danielle is to you, and it must be just killing you to see her going through this struggle. You are an amazing mother, and I know that you're doing your best for her, which is all you can do right now. She's in my thoughts, and so are you. I hope some comfort comes soon.
i think we may be in the same boat my dear!! keep your head up.
Post a Comment