I find the hardest thing about parenting is "Letting Go". I know my kids are growing up and need to start learning to be more independent and perhaps want to be more independent but...Sigh...it's hard to let go. I love them so much I want to wrap them up in bubble wrap and keep them safe forever and always. I know this isn't realistic nor healthy, so I am taking baby steps towards letting go. I started today by letting Brayden go on his first school field trip without me. I find it harded to let go of him for many reasons. He's my baby, my youngest but mainly it's because of his peanut allergies. It's stressful enough for me to go out in public with him being hypervigilant about keeping him safe and away from nuts. But to trust his teacher to look after him? Deep breath....I let him go, he was safe, he's back at school, no harm done. See it wasn't so bad after all. Babysteps...one day at a time!
3 comments:
Hey, I am so with on keeping the kids safely tucked in bubble wrap! It is hard to let kids go into a situation that could be dangerous or hurtful, but we have to do it as they grow older. It is especially wierd with my oldest one being out of the house, I still have the desire to protect her.
it is hard to let them go and grow up on their own! good job, mom.
I know even when my kids are 30, I'll still want to protect and keep them safe :) It's only natural.
With Brayen's allergies, I don't blame you for being so concerned. That's a hard thing to deal with. But I'm sure he's aware + will be good about keeping himself safe, right? (my nephew, who is 7, has horrible food alleries and he's very good about saying what he can and can't have - it's pretty impressive.)
Post a Comment