Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Books Books Books!

Have you ever read a book that you just can't put down or stop thinking about? Well "The Space Between Us" by Thrity Umrigar is just that kind of book (the link is on my side bar). It's the story of two women from India who are from different walks of life. One a servant and the other her employer. I wont say any more other then it's a fantastic book. It gives the reader a glimpse into life in India and what it is like for people from different socio-economic status and class (I also recently finished "If today be Sweet" by the same author. It was okay but completely different from "The Space Between Us".) I have always been fascinated by India and Indian culture, and my reading reflects that. I am not sure why I am so intrigued? But if you can recommend any good books about India or that take place in India let me know.
I am also reading a book called "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian (see 2008 book list on sidebar). This book has been a blessing and very helpful in light of all we are going through with Danielle. It's very informative and insightful and discusses how important prayer is! I highly recommend it.


Last but not least is "Mad Dash" by Patricia Gaffney. I tell ya she is one of my favourite authors. My favourite book by her is "The Saving Graces", even though it's a complete tear jerker. Okay enough with the book reports!!!! I am signing off to put on my PJ's, jump into bed and finish up my book.

Oh one more thing. You know by now that I can't sign off without a photo so here are two photo's of our weekend family birthday party for Brady. The other two cuties are my niece and nephew! Have a good night!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that powdered sugar moustache!

Julie said...

It sounds like you've come across some good books. I see "Being Perfect" and "The Worried Child"on your book list too. I'm curious... would you recommend them?

Cute pictures of the kids!

kat \ Taylor Made designs said...

Super cute kids :)
Thanks for the book reviews. I am always looking for good books to read. I totally want to read "the space between us" I'm off to the library this afternoon, I'll see if it's in! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book referrals. It's always hard to decide on a good book without someone's referral, cause you just don't know! I also enjoyed your photos, isn't it crazy how cousins can always look so much the same? I see strong resemblances in the three!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book suggestions as I so need to branch out from Readers Digest and parenting mags. It's just that I have no brain cells anymore with this sleep deprivation and don't have energy for anything "deep". I need the encouragement to get into a good book as it would do my soul and world of good.