Have you ever had one of those weeks where you just feel out of whack? This is such a week. Various things have been going on to make me feel unsettled. I wont bore you with the details. All I can say is that I want to escape with my family to our favourite summer hideaway and enjoy the sand, sun and sea. That always makes everything better! However I need to be realistic. I live on the Wet (yes I did mean Wet) Coast, where the sun is hiding, it's raining and cold. Instead I will just have to do the next best thing and stare at pictures of our favourite summer place!
Alright enough moaning and complaining for now. I have a favour to ask of you! I need some idea's for school lunch's for Brayden. He is a rather "Selective" eater. I find some mornings I am pulling out my hair trying to figure out what to pack in his lunch with a guarantee that he will eat it. If he doesn't like it...he wont eat, and that's not a good thing as he is loosing weight. Okay so here is a list of the things he wont eat; sandwiches, cheese, eggs, cream cheese, cottage cheese, dark chicken. Then I must add to the list because of his allergies; no nuts and/or seeds. I pretty much have been sending him soups, spaghetti and chicken strips for lunch but that gets pretty boring after a while. If any of you have any great inspiring ideas please let me know. Thanks!!!
All right that's it for now. Now I have the challenge of figuring out what we are going to have for dinner. I really need to get more organized. I used to have my meals planned out 2 weeks at a time. But I find with two finicky...oops I mean "Selective" eaters, it's hard to figure out what to eat. So instead of dealing with it...I procrastinate! What's on your menu for dinner tonight?
5 comments:
I've been looking at our summer photos lately too. Must have something to do with the snow we got last night!
Let's see... for lunches, how about packing slices of turkey or another deli meat that Brayden likes with a stack of crackers (or does that count as a sandwich in his eyes)? What about making a big pot of a kid-friendly chili and freezing it in lots of little containers that you can pop in the fridge to defrost the night before school? Pasta, maybe with a meat sauce for protein? Beans and rice (carbs to combat the weight loss)? Wraps or burritos? Oh, good luck, Erin!
As the mum to one very "selective" eater myself... I can't offer up much :(
My son eats P+J daily. For school, because of allergies in the classroom, he just has jelly. This has been going on for two weeks now, and he isn't tired of it yet....but I have a feeling he will be soon enough, and I'll be asking you what to do!
Good luck! Let me know what you come up with.
Oh, I hear you on making lunches... it can be frustrating! Emma won't eat sandwiches either but loves yogurt and fruit, cheese and crackers, and pasta salad. Cameron will eat sandwiches with deli meat but gets tired of it so I'll change the bread to a pita or a tortilla wrap. He also loves to take cold pizza if we have leftovers.
I need to menu plan today for the week ahead. Not my favorite thing to do... but it does help me to know. Last night we had chili and tonight we are having breakfast. Have a great weekend!
Cameron doesn't like sandwiches or cheese either so it does make it tricky especially adding in a nut allergy. I know it sounds funny but he likes me to send Oatmeal in his thermos. I have also sent granola & cereal with a small carton of milk which he pours in. He also loves me to pack caesar salad with chicken breast. (I think it's mostly because he likes to shake it up in the tupperware container.) Also, since you are so close to the school do you deliver hot stuff to him sometimes? If so what about a stirfry with rice, tortellini with meat sauce.
Anyways hope that helps....it's fustrating I know.
Post a Comment