Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dear GOD!

Two nights ago while putting Brayden to bed he asked me if I could look in his backpack and find the letter he had written to GOD. I was a bit confused and asked him about the letter. Here is our conversation.

Me: What letter did you write to GOD?
B: About Auntie's baby dying in her tummy.
Me: Did you write it at School?
B: Yes during literacy centres.
Me: Did your teacher read it?
B: (Getting a bit irritated with me). NO Mum she's not GOD! Mummy could you please find the letter and then put it in the mail slot so that GOD can get it?

I was choking back the tears and didn't quite know what to say. I was completely taken aback that he understood the concept of his aunt having a miscarriage. I was also amazed at his sensitivity, thoughtfulness and innocence! I told him what a thoughtful boy he was and how proud of him I was. That I would go and do what he asked.

I found the letter neatly folded in his back pack, just waiting to be mailed to GOD! This is what he wrote:


Dear God,
I hope that (Aunt's name) baby
will have a good time at heaven
I hope that she has peace!
Amen! My dear sweet boy, God hears you loud and clear!

9 comments:

robiewankenobie said...

oh! what a darling boy you have.

Julie said...

Wow... what a touching letter... God certainly did hear Brayden's heart.

beki said...

What a sweet boy!

kat \ Taylor Made designs said...

I swear, my eyes got a little teary reading that. What a sweet + sensitive boy Brayden is!

randi said...

Oh, this is so sweet. That letter is a keeper, for sure!

house on hill road said...

sweet little guy!

Joanna said...

OK. That brought tears to my eyes. Give your little boy a hug for me. What a sweetheart!

sulu-design said...

Things like this are why I miss teaching. What a wonderful boy Brayden is.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, i think that is the cutest, sweetest thing i've ever seen in my life! I want to thank you for your comment and advice, i enjoyed visiting your site as well! Thanks again, looking forward to seeing more!