Sunday, January 27, 2008

Getting Organized





You remember a few weeks ago I was fretting about what to put in my kids lunches? Well I have decided part of the problem stems from leaving it to the last minute. Thinking up and packing their lunches right before school while my brain is still in sleep mode. Basically not planning ahead. Enough is enough. I decided to get back on track and start menu planning again for all meals. Last sunday night I looked at the food we had in the house and then I planned out for the week what we were going to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I tell you my week was so much less stressful as I didn't have to make any last minute decisions. I just woke up looked at my little handy dandy menu chart on the fridge and threw everything together. I don't know why I ever stopped doing my menu planning. It really does make life a whole lot easier!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture! Cute, cute!

I always save money when I menu plan. It keeps me from picking things up and the store "just in case". Also, it is so great to know what is happening for dinner so that I can plan ahead and defrost or get something in the oven!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Can I have you come and do mine?! I have gained a few pounds and I know it is mainly from lack of planning. The easy to eat stuff is not always so good for you. You've motivated me...I'm off to plan.

Anonymous said...

I feel so much more at ease when I have a weekly menu written out and on the fridge. It really makes the week go smoothly.