Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Get Real Monday. Finally!

I think I have finally figured out my "blogger" issues so I am finally able to post my Get Real Monday Spring Clean photos! This is my sewing/craft room. Oops no I mean closet. I don't have a craft room in my house so all my material, sewing, crafting and knitting supplies end up here. Actually, everything but the kitchen sink ends up here, see the vacuum cleaner? It absolutely drives me nuts. This is definitely on my spring clean list! My dresser is another catch-all spot. It's mostly the kids stuff. I promise you that is not my Bunny and I do not read Spider-man! Honest.

**Photo Removed**


Last but not least, in definite need of a good spring clean is this kitchen counter. This is our dump-the-junk on to it counter. Actually looking at the photo I realize everything on it, except the medicine and hot wheel car, is mine. YIKES.
Bet you wouldn't believe it if I told you I used to be a Professional Organizer a few years ago. People would actually pay me to come and organize their homes - hee hee! Funny how things change when you have kids. I still can't stand clutter and disorganization but when you have other priorities you kind of learn to turn a blind eye to it all.
So there you have it. I am not perfect. I too have dust bunnies, dirt and disorganization in my house!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that there was such a job as a professional organizer! I could do that! I have helped a number of friends get their houses organized from top to bottom--mostly they just needed to declutter.

I have lowered my cleaning standards a ton with each kid I have had. A happy kid is more important than a clean kitchen, for sure!

I am glad you were finally able to post!

Anonymous said...

if you think this is bad, you would run screaming out of my house! well, not really, but my messes are way messier than yours.

Sarah and Jack said...

You know those sappy commercials where they say how everything changes once you have a baby? Truer words have never been spoken, have they? LOL

Anonymous said...

I agree with Erin--You would run screaming out of my house too! I have always wanted a professional organizer to come inside my home and help me declutter and organize...

Any suggestions on how to get children to let go of items? I know I'm guilty at times of holding on to things but Emma finds it so difficult to even get rid of old birthday present ribbon!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

I have a similar frustration with the vacuum cleaner in the hall closet (and I've posted a picture as part of my spring cleaning ambitions). Thanks for posting!
XO,
Jill

sulu-design said...

Hurrah for the reality of this post!!!