Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Shh...I'm not supposed to be posting.

I had promised myself that I wouldn't post until I had finished all my work. The works not yet done, almost. Please indulge me and pretend this isn't me posting! Okay, I'll try to keep it brief.

Last week Beki posted a photo of herself as a little girl. One picture in particular caught my interest...the photo of her in a lovely brown dress with her sneakers on. I thought it was so cute how she was dressed up but made a point of showing her runners. It jogged my memory to a similar picture of myself. I dug it out tonight. Here it is. I am the girl in the lovely red and white polyester dress with the impish grin on my face. I remember just being so pleased with myself that I had taken my lovely party shoes off and put my favourite ABC runners on. See I am showing them off in the photo. My Mum was not pleased at all. Since I am showing pictures of me when I was little here is another shot of the same lovely dress. I remember this being my favourite dress. I was 4 in this photo from Nursery School.
Another favourite blue polyester dress. This was taken in Kindergarten, I was 5. Funny that little gingerbread man brooch was my favourite, you open it's head and there was lip balm inside. I wonder what happened to it?
Last but not least, here's me in another favourite dress in grade 2.
It was very neat to dig out these old photos, brought back lots of memories. I am not going to tag anyone but... I think it would be really fun to start a little theme this week of posting pictures of yourselves when you were little! Feel free to join in. Okay now it's off to work I go.

7 comments:

beki said...

Ohmygosh, you were so cute! I love your dresses!! And the little gingerbread brooch - I remember those, what memories. Thanks for sharing ;-)

Anonymous said...

How adorable! You brought back memories for me...I also remember having a brooch that opened up with lip balm inside but I can't seem to picture it in my mind. Something tells me it wasn't a gingerbread man...

julie
mjpurdy@stny.rr.com

Anonymous said...

if i knew you back then, i would have wanted that gingerbread man brooch. i was all about the lip gloss!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! I think I may have had one of those lip glosses as well! Totally forgot about those. Love the dresses. I saw a few flashes of Miss D in there!

Anonymous said...

too cute! i am going to dig up some of me too-
:)
i rememebr some of my fav dresses too- funny as a kid how much you can LOVE a dress!

Anonymous said...

I had 2 brooches like that....they were from Avon. I had a skunk that had perfume in it and one that had the lip balm. My little brother even nicknamed me "skunk" for a while......funny!

Swellpeople said...

Erin, to create a link highlight the word to link - press CTRL, shift and A all at the same time and a little screen will pop up for you to copy the URL (address) for the link - pretty sure this will work. I am blogger too and although I haven't done it in a while... let me know if it doesn't and I will figure it out.