Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Snippets of my weekend
My daughter seems to be going through a bit of a difficult time lately. I thought it would be a good idea to take her out for some special one-on-one time with Mum. We went to the local "Chapters" bookstore and picked up a few favourtes. This was followed by a visit to the local donut shop.
I also managed to squeeze a bit of thrifting in. Lovely Japanese sugar dish.
Cute vintage fabric with Roosters and hearts on it. Not sure what it will become.
Finally the birthday bag that I completed 30 minutes before the party. Not too stressful. Half way through, my sewing machine decided to give me issues. I had to run off to my sisters and get her machine. I don't know which was worse, hers or mine. Both our machines were having stitching issues. I didn't really have a choice...I had promised the birthday girl a bag...not so perfect stitching on the top, but other then that it turned out okay. The birthday girl was very excited to get the bag and her freezer stencil butterfly shirt that Danielle made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
cute bag, erin. love the rooster fabric!
What a great mom you are - doughnuts and books would certainly cheer me up! I can't believe that it was George Michael that brought me to your blog, but I'm glad he did. I'm enjoying your posts!
Aw, you're a good mom! :)
Doughnuts AND books? sounds like a perfect day to me too. What a sweet mom you are!
Hi there,
I love your blog! Lots of crafty ideas here!
My oldest daughter also goes by "Dani", her name is Danika.
What a sweet blog you have here,and what great crafty bags!!
I found your blog via The Simple Wife and have been enjoying your posts. What a cute tote bag you made, I bet the birthday girl was thrilled! I am hoping to purchase a sewing machine soon and try my hand at something crafty.
Post a Comment