Too share or not too share? Sometimes I wonder what is appropriate to share in a blog? This is very personal to me but I have decided to share it with you.
It's been a rough few weeks. My Mum, whom has Multiple Sclerosis, is very ill. She is deteriorating rapidly. Our Family has some very serious decisions to make in the next few months. I was feeling blue so I decided to put on my MP3 player and listen to some music. Up popped "Happy Face" by Destiny's Child. Hmm... coincidence? No, I think not. I hear ya God! Thanks for the gentle reminder. 
I woke up this morning, the sunshine was shining
I woke up this morning, the sunshine was shining
I put on my happy face
I'm living, I'm able, I'm breathing, I'm grateful
To put on my happy face.
Woke up and realized this world's not so bad after all
Looked at it through a child's eyes, and I saw these beautiful
Things that you never think about
Like the ocean, moonlight, stars and clouds
It's amazing how we don't appreciate our blessings.
There's plenty of people who don't like me
But there's 10 times more who love me and I love myself
Sometimes, it gets tough, it gets tough
But I can't give up, can't give up
Just take a deep breath, close my eyes
Feel the love and give a smile.
I woke up this morning, the sunshine was shining
I put on my happy face
It's me, I just wanna be happy
Today is the day I am willing to say
I will put all the past behind me, no more enemies
Ready cause (ready cause)
I'm living in this world (living in this world)
I wanna make a change (wanna make a change)
I'm Gonna make a change (gonna make a change)
Put on my happy face.
Everything's gonna be alright, everything's gonna be okay
Everything's gonna be alright, everything's gonna be okay
I woke up this morning with a happy face.
Destiny's Child - Happy Face (okay so I omitted half the words, but you get the gist of it)
I am going to try and remember to put on my "Happy Face". Be grateful for all that I have and the time that I have had with my Mum. I will count my blessings each and every day.
Thanks for bearing with me on this long winded post. Have a good weekend!
7 comments:
Erin...so sorry to hear about your mom's health. I appreciate your honesty. I loved the words to Happy Face... Thank you for reminding me that as I struggle through difficulut times, to be the positive person that God created me to be.
I will be praying for you...
Julie
My thoughts and love with you and your family. Big hugs to your mum! xox
I'm so sorry to hear this Erin. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
thinking about you!
:( hang in there-
that is a hard time- all the best.
Erin,
my thoughts and wishes are with you and your family. your positive approach is a blessing - find strength in yourself and others, it is good to share.
robin
I am so sorry to hear about your mom...sometimes it really does help to just put it out there in the universe.
Post a Comment