Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Read On!

I love to read. I will read anything from Fiction to non-fiction. Light and fluffy, to soul searching and deep. Parenting books, crafting books, chick lit, religious books and self-help books (I'm not too big on romance novels or history books). Here's whats on the go right now. The Journal of Mortifying Moments. Light and fluffy, but very funny. For one more day is very good. I find any book by Mitch Albom great. Tuesdays with Morrie also by Mitch Albom, was an absolute life changing book for me. Sew What a book on how to sew skirts. Not sure if I'm up for the challenge but it doesn't hurt to look. Mommy Wars is quite thought provoking. I am actually finding it a bit unsettling reading it as a Stay at home Mum. Not sure I like the image that is portrayed of us SAHM'S. But I have only read the first 4 chapters. Also interesting to hear the working Mum's perspective. I must admit, I didn't know there was a "War" between the two sides!


Sorry for the rambling post and running commentary on the books I am reading. I do have a point. I am always looking for new books to read. What are your favourites? Can you recommend any good fiction novels for me to read? If so, feel free to leave a comment and let me know. Until then...Read On!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm in need of a good book myself. the last one i picked up was simple sewing by lotta jansdotter - very good projects. but i am looking for some good fiction so i will stay tuned and see what everyone else has to say.

sulu-design said...

I've been trying to catch up on books that I feel I "should" have read but never did, so I just finished up "A Picture of Dorian Grey" by Wilde, and I'm in the middle of "Tin Drum" by Grass. For something a little lighter, soemthing touching, and something both hysterically funny while deeply sad, you should try "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night" - I think I've got that title right. I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...fiction. How about The Time Travelers Wife, The Memory Keepers Daughter, Jewel, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, The Accidental Tourist, The Thirteenth Tale. OK, I'll stop now. Those are some that I have read over the last few months and i loved them all.

Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Just finished the Nanny Diaries and Morgue Mama (sounds worse than it is) - Nanny Diaries entertaining yet frustrating, left me wondering why some people have children! Morgue Mama a great little murder mystery!