Monday, March 19, 2007

I should have been a plumber!

It has been an interesting night. Just before bedtime we went to give the kids showers and the cold water tap decided not to turn on. Darling hubby was too tired to take a look at it tonight but he would fix it tomorrow. No problem I thought, I can be quite handy. I got out the pliers and screw driver and got too work. Simple as pie! I will just make a few minor adjustments, take this nob off, unscrew this do hickey...oh no...oh no....HELP..... the cold water nob has shot off across the bathroom and water is spewing out of the wall. Oops!! No worries we now have no running water in our house and wont until tomorrow night, and Darling hubby isn't too pleased with me. Guess I'm not as handy as I thought. Not too worry nothing that a $500 dollar plumber visit wont fix. Darn...I new I should have been a plumber!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny Erin! It sounds like we have similar plumbing skills...although I give you credit for trying! A few weeks ago I called a plumber when all I really needed was a plunger...oops!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh noooo!!!! This totally sounds like something I would do. And yes, if any of my boys decide to be plumbers, I will be a happy mama (knowing how much they make).

Blessings to you today Erin!

beki said...

Oh no!!!

Anonymous said...

eeeek!
:) that sounds like something that would happen to me!
good on you for giving it the old college try though-
hee!

Anonymous said...

On my gosh! That would be so freaky/funny/stressful!

Hope the plumber comes soon!

Anonymous said...

ok, that is funny! and not funny, too, i know. hope you have it all under control now!