Warning, this is a bit of a jumbled emotional post. First off, a whole lot of crafting was going on thursday afternoon. I did the shirt on the right, Danielle did the shirt on the left and Brayden did the shirt in the middle. I drew and cut out the stencils for the kids but they ironed on the freezer paper then painted their shirts. The kids did a pretty good job. Next up, a shirt for me!
All right this is where it gets sappy. My baby is growing up...I know it's so cliche but...it's true. Sometimes, okay most of the time, I find it hard to let go. I am a protective parent, my children are the most precious things to me. As a result, I am very involved in their lives. I volunteer at the school and in their classrooms. I spend a fair amount of time just being with them, playing, creating, baking, reading, teaching. But there comes a point, I realize, I have to start letting go. I have to let my kids do things on their own, experience life without me hovering. Today was such a day. Danielle went on a school field trip to the Space Centre without me. I know some of you are probably laughing right now, big deal right? It was a big deal to me. I worry too much about all the "what ifs". But I did it, and she was just fine. She thoroughly enjoyed herself. No one kidnapped her, she didn't get lost, the bus didn't crash :o) Sigh. Hopefully it will just get easier. Right?
Now it's off to whip up another bag for a birthday party this afternoon. Yes I am still a procrastinator when it comes to sewing. My last weekend sewing panic taught me nothing. Hopefully this time I will have more then 30 minutes to spare before the party.
Have a wonderful weekend!
3 comments:
Your stenciled shirts came out great! One of these days I'll get around to trying this...
You're so right, those babies do grow up so fast. Before I ever had children a much older friend of mine told me that our children are only ours for a little while, they we have to let them go. That always stuck with me. I think the transition is much harder on us parents than it is on the kids.
Actually it does help to hear of others with small babies like mine that are healthy and developing just fine. I think Annie will be about the same weight as your niece at 17 m. Anyway great shirts I keep seeing a lot of freezer paper stenciling and hope to at some point give it a try.
Right there with ya--my Davey is going on a field trip tomorrow (his first one without me!!!) and I am a wreck.
Post a Comment