Brayden decided he wanted to make a snailery. You know, a snail house for all the lovely slimey snails we found in the rain yesterday. We used an empty pop bottle cut out a 3-sided flap and then used a hole punch on the sides and flaps of the bottle to let some air in. Next we collected dirt, grass, leaves and a few rocks and voila, a snailery! Oh yeah, make sure the flap is secured shut. We awoke to find that two snails had escaped and were trying to make a mad dash up the bricks on our fire place. YUCK!!! For those of you whom are concerned the snails will be put back outside in a few days time!
4 comments:
This is very cool, although I do hope that the lid is tight! ;)
Love the snail home! Here's a riddle for Brayden:
If a man carried my burden, he would break his back. I am not rich but I leave silver in my track. What am I?
A Snail!
Sounds like you and Brayden could publish a book on how to banish summer boredom!
That's a lovely looking home for the snails! I think Zo needs to make one...when rearranging her room yesterday I found a snail stuck to the back of her dresser!
Post a Comment