Monday, June 11, 2007

Our Weekend.

We had a lovely weekend, despite the torrential rain (we haven't been flooded out of our house yet)! We spent Saturday morning at the library finding new books to read. One of my favourite places to go with the kids on a rainy day. Then back to our house for a swim in the pool. Always lots of fun.

Saturday night, auntie Michelle came over to watch the kids so DH and I could go out on a date. Something we haven't done (I am ashamed to say) for a good 6 months. It always seems that when ever we would plan a date night one of the kids would get sick. Not this time. We had a lovely dinner out, at a non-kid friendly restaurant! Had some real adult conversation and even saw a movie. I must admit I was a very skeptical about my husbands choice in movie, but I tell ya, it was absolutely hilarious!

Here are a few of my favourite pictures from our weekend.

Cut up granny smith apples and Rhubarb for a crumble I was making. YUMMY!!

Our first rose of the season.

The kids and I made our own bubbles. Kept us entertained for a good hour!

I just had to include this photo of Danielle. It was such a precious moment.

4 comments:

rani said...

The first (and perhaps only?) pie I ever made was rhubarb! I imagine it's delicious with granny smiths.

Glad you got to go on a well-deserved adult date!

Anonymous said...

that is a super sweet shot of danielle!

can't wait to see knocked up - glad to hear you liked it.

sulu-design said...

The date, the movie, the activities with the kids - it all sounds great. But I'll admit it, my favorite part was thinking about that crumble. It's been a while since I baked...

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy hearing a weekend update from you, Erin. As always, it looks delightful! XO