Monday, June 18, 2007

Our weekend.

The weather didn't cooperate this weekend so we didn't make it to the festival and the BBQ was cancelled. Never mind though we hit the library and left with some great books that should keep us busy during the summer holidays. Only 1 1/2 weeks left of school. Saturday night was a Sushi pig feast at our house. We were so piggy I didn't even get a picture of it!

Father's Day was extra special as it was DH's b-day too. The big 3-9! I keep teasing him that next year he will be turning 40, don't think he likes it too much! Sunday started out with Blueberry pancakes and strawberries. After church we kicked Daddy out so we could make a birthday cake. No surprises here...it was our standard chocolate recipe with chocolate icing.
Off to the in-laws house for a big family birthday celebration. All in all a good time, lot's of yummy food, fun and basket ball of course.
That's the back of DH in the blue jeans and long-sleeve dress shirt. That's probaly the best shot you'll ever see of him. I have strict instructions that I am not to show his face on my blog. Too bad as he is kind of cute...but then again I am slightly biased!

Danielle just goofing around pretending she is flying.
Before I go if any of you are looking for a good book to read I just finished "My sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult last night. It was an excellent book and I would highly recommend it. However, make sure you have the Kleenex handy.
Have a good night! I am off to watch the DVD "The Queen" with Helen Mirrien.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend after all, despite the weather.

My dad's birthday is always around father's day, too. (The cake looks delicious!)

XO,
Jill

sulu-design said...

Happy birthday to your husband! It sounds like the weekend was filled with great eating (just my kind of weekend). By any chance, do you read Real Simple Magazine? In the last issue, there was a fun little section on phototgraphy tricks you can do with your kids - the picture of Dani reminded me of it. Might provide a few moments of summer fun...