Thursday, June 28, 2007

Remind me....

...to never procrastinate!

...to start Teacher thank you gifts months before the end of the school year, not on the second too last day of school at 9pm at night.

....not to bake cookies after midnight....

... or they will burn!

....to not eat raw cookie dough with Pepsi!

....that Pepsi helps you stay awake if you have to pull an all nighter!

....when sewing....measure twice cut once!



Joking aside, the tote bag for Brayden's teacher turned out very well. The outside is a stiff denim and the inside 100% cotton Waverly fabric. My Grandmother gave it to me years ago. It was hers back in the day!

I did manage to turn out 4 dozen oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, of which I only burned one dozen. The teachers got the unburnt version and we got the rejects. DH was a bit disappointed, not me. I don't think I will be able to look at another chocolate chip cookie after all the raw dough I ate! :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...I love raw dough...but yes, can feel the pain! Late start or not, you got the job done and the tote and cookies look great! Yay, summer holidays are here!!

Anonymous said...

unfortunately, due to my large procrastinating tendancies, i really don't think i would remind you in time. :)

beki said...

Oh no Erin, at least you got everything done. I've been known to do a bit of procrastinating myself!

Anonymous said...

Raw cookie dough is great with milk and it still allows you to fall asleep! Sometimes my girls make cookie dough and just eat it up as a snack. I can't do it without a stomachache--maybe because I eat too much of it!?!?

Anonymous said...

Nice work in ploughing ahead to get everything done. I can empathize, being a procrastinator myself.

I also love cookie dough...mmmm!

The tote bag looks fabulous. And so do the cookies.

Enjoy the summer break!

XO,
Jill

Julie said...

I love cookie dough and I love the totebag... what a lucky teacher! I can also definitely relate to procrastination...

sulu-design said...

What a sweet parent you are! You son's teacher must be thrilled with your end-of-year gift. Careful with that cookie dough...