Monday, July 2, 2007

Get Real Monday - My Favourite Artist

Randi has a great theme for this weeks "Let's get Real Monday". My favourite artist. I knew this would be a no-brainer for me. You see I love art. Children's art in particular. So it seems fitting that I would choose a child artist! You might not have heard of her, but in my household she is quite the popular artist. Miss Danielle!


Here is her latest piece of work, titled "My family". In case you were wondering, that is me in the golden crown and rainbow dress!
The thing I love about this artist is that she doesn't just use the standard canvas to create art. She also uses her body to create art on. In the above photo you will see one of her many facial art master pieces.

Now this piece of art work is where it all began. Miss Danielle turned ordinary hands into a beautiful master piece. She used red crayola markers on her hands, and green markers on her feet. At the tender age of two she realized that felted hands and feet make really good hand and foot prints on furniture, walls, carpets and even cabinets!

Now don't think for one minute that this artists limits herself to felt pens and markers. She also loves to create with paper!


Perhaps my favourite piece of work by Miss Danielle. This proudly hangs on the wall in my bedroom. Every time I see this picture I feel so much joy. There is something so sweet and innocent and uplifting about children's art work.
So there you have it, my favourite artist, Miss Danielle!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute little people!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the introduction to this amazing artist! Her work is adorable! I may have to call you Queen Erin from now on!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!

sulu-design said...

Such cute artwork! I love all of the body adornment. As long as it isn't permanent, right, Mom?

Crystal said...

So sweet! I love her treatment of hair and heads!!

Julie said...

Love her artwork... I can definitely see why the last drawing hangs proudly in your room!

Holly said...

What a wonderful artist! Your home must be full of her masterpieces.

Bean said...

Beautiful work! I'd have that last one hanging in my room, too - your own child's artwork is so special and close to your heart - and it's even sweeter when they're as talented as your daughter! :)

Anonymous said...

it is all so wonderful!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Love the family portrait--especially the royal treatment! I was just thinking this morning that I want my girls to know without a doubt that they are daughters of the King!