Sunday, July 22, 2007

Our weekend

Living on the West Coast you have to learn to not let the weather affect your plans and you always have to have "Plan B". Plan B included swimming in our indoor pool, having friends over for a BBQ, baking Banana bread, playing ridiculous amounts of Checkers, Connect four, Perfection and Sleeping Queens.
The Rains held off for a few hours Sunday afternoon so we could go to a Children's Carnival. The kids made wooden airplaines there, jumped in a bouncy castle, ate lots of popcorn, and even had a ride on a tram!

By late afternoon the rain was back. My thinking was if you can't beat it... Jump in it!



I hope your weekend was a good one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"if you can't beat it... Jump in it!"

I love that!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree! Go with the flow and try not to control it :) Sounds like a great weekend :)

Julie said...

Glad the rain didn't get you down! My kids love the Home Depot projects - complete with apron and pins! They made the airplane last month and a memory box this month!

Anonymous said...

that puddle jumping looks like a bunch of fun!

Dee Light said...

I just love your rainy day pictures!!!