Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Restless!

I don't know why but I have been feeling so antsy and restless lately. I have been feeling the need to rearrange my furniture, redecorate my house, hack away at my garden, cut my hair, and loose some weight. Maybe I am in need of a change. Or perhaps it's because change is in my future. Come September both kids will be in school full-time. I have dreaded this day since the day my eldest was born almost nine years ago. I honestly didn't think it would come so soon. It really scares me. It scares me for many reasons but the main reason is that a very important chapter of my life is over and a new one is beginning. The kids wont be around as much and I need to start bring in an income. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that change is bad, it's just that sometimes it can seem intimidating!

I don't know if I am making any sense I know I am rambling but thanks for taking the time to listen. I've been needing to get those thoughts out of my head for quite some time.

Alright enough of that! Here is what we have been up to in the last few days!

GARDENING::



FURNITURE REARRANGING::


BBQ'S AND LOT'S OF SWIMMING!















8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are a bit sad about closing this chapter + starting a new one :) But think... how much fun will it be to start something new at the same time as your kids! You will have so much to chat about after school :)

Looks like you've been having a good summer so far!

Anonymous said...

I am feeling some of the same things too. I feel blessed that the period of time that my kids were little was so good that I will miss it! I suppose that once we get over the transition period, we will enjoy the new phase too!

You sure have been busy!

Julie said...

I hear you on that restless feeling. I have been feeling overwhelmed lately but also disappointed by the days events. Summer is going by and I feel like we're not accomplishing much and that I need to make a change somehow!

beki said...

That restless feeling of an impending change is scary, but I believe that good things are coming your way.

Anonymous said...

i am with you on cutting my hair and losing some weight. both my girls will be in school full time this year too...change is hard, but i think it will be good.

sulu-design said...

I totally understand the need for change and for feeling fidgety about life. Hopefully a little work in the garden and around the house will work some of that out. And I wish you the best of luck in your search for the income-maker. I hope you can work something creative out, that allows you time at home but also the feeling of productivity.

Joanna said...

Well said, Erin--not rambling at all. I sometimes feel this time with my little ones is endless, but I'm sure I'll feel the same way you do soon enough. I hope you find something that will give you lots of excitement.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the summer and take the changes one step at a time. You'll do fine, I'm sure.