Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Truly Blessed

It has been a very full week since my last post. My Mum had her first bout of Chemo last week and it went really well. She is very tired and weak but no nausea yet. Thank you so much to all of you for your kind words and prayers. I feel truly blessed to have such caring blogging friends! I really believe in the power of prayer and your prayers definitely touched my Mum.
I was pleased to think that we were a 1/3 of the way to the end. However, I misunderstood my Mum. I thought she was only having three treatments. She is in fact having 8 treatments. But I can't worry about that now. One day at a time!
Our camping adventure took place this weekend. We went up with a whole slew of people from our church as well as my Brother-in-law and nephew. We had a fantastic time. Lot's of camp fires, swimming, hiking, eating, singing, card playing and very little sleep! As tired as we are...it was well worth it. Here are a few of my favourite pictures (okay a few is relative. To some a few is two, but too me a few is 7 :o) ).
















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that you mom is doing well! That is wonderful news. Great photos from your camp trip! They make me want to take a trip to the woods.

beki said...

That's great about your mom. I pray that she continues to do well. Your camping trip sure looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your mom is doing well. I have been blessed to know 2 ladies who have made it through chemo and cancer, and their lives have been such a trememdous blessing to me. this will be a time of growth for both you and your mom, a time you will never forget! One step at a time is all that is needed, dear friend!

Julie said...

Welcome back... I'm so thankful to hear that your mom's first treatment went well! I'm also glad you had a good time camping- it sure looks like fun!

sulu-design said...

I'm so glad to hear that things went well with your mom. One day at a time...
The trip looks like a blast. And I love seeing the little knitting loom action on the car trip!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time, Erin!

I'm just getting caught up on my blog reading...

Praying for your mum!

XO,
Jill