I love summer. No schedules, no rushing. Just hanging out, relaxing, and being together as a family. I am savouring this summer with the kids as come September both of them will be in school full time (sniff sniff).
So how have we been spending our lazy days so far? Well to beat the heat wave we have been having we have been doing everything we can to keep cool. That includes swimming in our pool, running through the sprinkler and...

....sliding on our new slip n' slid!
We have also been visiting our various friends. Today we visited my dearest friend at her new house. Here is a picture of Danielle holding my friends daughter. I didn't feel like I could show her face without my friends permission so you will just have to take it from me that she is adorable. Just like her big brother!

We have also been doing some kids crafts. Some supervised some not! For example, Brayden decided (unbeknownst to me) to take some scissors up to his room and cut up paper into a million pieces. He was so excited to show me that his room was covered in snow. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about until I walked into his room. I kid you not there were tiny bits of white paper covering his entire floor! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! But considering he was so excited I decided to congratulate him on a job well done and remind him that he had to pick up all the "Snow" when he was done!
We also converted our living room into a gymnasium! However, it was quickly dismantled after Brayden decided to do flips off the cushions onto the couch. I tell ya that boy has no fear!
Finally the kids have also been enjoying some quite time snuggled up in the new blankets our neighbour made for them. They are so lovely double sided polar fleece blankets. The colours even match their bedrooms!
So there you have it. Our lazy summer days! I hope you have been enjoying your summer too!
7 comments:
Sounds + looks a lot like our family summer days :) Especially the forts out of the cushions! Enjoy, because it all goes so fast doesn't it!
my kids have blankets like that - i like to steal them for naps, they are so cozy!
It sure sounds like you're making the most of your summer - enjoy!!
it looks like you've been having a great summer. I always loved building forts and encouraged my boys to use every pillow and blanket in the house to make theirs. So what if other parents thought I was nuts, I remembered how much fun forts were!
What fun summer pictures! I love the photo with Danielle holding the new baby... babies are so much fun to be around!
Your house looks like serious summer fun...can we stop by??
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
(come by and meet us!)
It looks like summer is going just as it should at your house - crafting, playing, lazing around. Lovely!
Post a Comment