Monday, April 2, 2007

My Weekend.

We had a lovely weekend, the weather was beautiful so we spent a good part of it outside at the beach and in the garden....but I did manage to squeeze in some sewing. My machine was out of commission for a while and I finally figured out what was wrong with it and now it works like a charm!

A while back I had bought these curtains at a thrift shop, with hopes of them becoming an apron. I think I would have spent a lot less time sewing if I had just followed a pattern. But no I'm too impatient and decided to make life difficult and wing it! Needless to say there was lot's of correcting but it is done and I love it! Hopefully you will appreciate it more then DH did. His response when I showed him what I had made? "Don't you have enough aprons"? He's so darn practical!

The skirt part of the apron is folded under at the sides, just to make it easier to photograph.
A little heart applique on one of Danielle's shirts to spruce it up!
A day at the beach, hunting for sea glass, crabs, whales and arrow heads. No whales but lots of sea glass and bits and pieces of crabs, beach wood and a cool looking rock that looks just like an arrow head!
I just love how the city is nestled in between the mountains and the ocean . It's views like this that make me appreciate living on the West Coast and almost makes up for all the rain we get!
I hope you all had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute apron...love the fabric and ric-rac detail! Gorgeous picture of the water!

Julie

sulu-design said...

Such a cute apron! I always do the same thing - jump into a project with no pattern and then spend far more time on it than necessary trying to correct all of my little errors. But yours turned out lovely.