I was going to post about all sorts of things today but in light of the tragedy at Virgina Tech Monday, it all seems so trivial now. How can I talk about my new pillow or the kids dentist visits when such horrors have occurred. All I can say is my heart goes out to all those affected by this horrific event. It really saddens me and makes me think. What is happening to our World? How can a person so carelessly end the lives of others with little or no thought. It also makes me want to take my kids and run. Run to a land far away where it's safe. Safe to leave your doors unlocked. Safe to let the kids play outside unsupervised. A place where there is tolerance and acceptance. A place where there is Peace and love. I realize such a place doesn't exist here on this Earth. So for now, I am going to give my kids a big hug and hold on forever! God Bless you and keep you safe my friends!
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Virginia Tech Massacre
I was going to post about all sorts of things today but in light of the tragedy at Virgina Tech Monday, it all seems so trivial now. How can I talk about my new pillow or the kids dentist visits when such horrors have occurred. All I can say is my heart goes out to all those affected by this horrific event. It really saddens me and makes me think. What is happening to our World? How can a person so carelessly end the lives of others with little or no thought. It also makes me want to take my kids and run. Run to a land far away where it's safe. Safe to leave your doors unlocked. Safe to let the kids play outside unsupervised. A place where there is tolerance and acceptance. A place where there is Peace and love. I realize such a place doesn't exist here on this Earth. So for now, I am going to give my kids a big hug and hold on forever! God Bless you and keep you safe my friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh I know! It's just heartbreaking. I think I feel it more now that I'm a parent.
I often think the same thing... It is hard to imagine what life will be like for our children if the world continues down this path.
so sad, isn't it? all i can think about are those poor parents...
Everything seems trivial now here as well. Even the biggest of my problems are small in comparison.
Post a Comment