WARNING....Picture laden rambling post!!!!
It was a busy week last week and this weekend. Here is what took up my time.

On Friday Danielle's class hosted the School assembly. They put on a play, did some singing and dancing too. This was big for Danielle as she is painfully shy and hates public speaking. She was the assembly host and did an awesome job. It was really sweet. I wish I could have captured the smile on Danielle's face after it was all done. You could tell she was proud of herself. BTW...That's her in the purple fleece and turquoise skirt.
**PHOTO REMOVED**
Another great thing about the assembly was that
Brayden received an award for Sounding out his letters in his reading and writing. BTW...that's
Brayden's future wife beside him. You remember her don't you? They are still madly in love!

We had a lovely picnic at the beach with my sister and her family and my friend Leanne and her kids. It was lots of fun. Good food, Good friends/Family and Great weather, what more could one ask for?

This freighter travelled past us while on our picnic. The water was so calm the freighter appeared to glide by.

Finally the weekend ended off with the Walk for MS. I managed to raise $602 in pledges. Woo Hoo, thanks all you donors!!! The MS walk was a 6km jaunt along the Fraser river. The weather was beautiful and the scenery was breath taking. I felt truly blessed to be able to go on the walk. For one thing, I was physically able to. I am so blessed to be able to walk and run and do basic everyday tasks with ease. Things that people with MS find so difficult if not impossible to do. I see it everyday how difficult life can be for people who suffer from MS. My Mum has had it for the last 20 years. It may affect her physically but she doesn't let it affect her spiritually. She is truly an amazing woman. I thank the Lord everyday for her and also for my good health. I'm actually finding it hard to articulate what I mean so instead of rambling on and on I will sign off now. I will leave you with this....The Walk for MS was a truly humbling experience.
3 comments:
Erin, congratulations on your fundraising! woo hoo! it looks like you had a great weekend. it's so wonderful your kids are doing well too!
Looks like a wonderful weekend...it's always fun to watch your children experience those proud moments for themselves! Great job on the MS Walk!
Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. The photos of your kids are just adorable, and the whole future wife thing still cracks me up.
Post a Comment