Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Get Real Monday - The Outfit.

This weeks theme for get real Monday is "The Outfit". You can check out Randi's blog for more info. (Sorry this is a day late but better late then never) Funny I thought this was going to be such a challenge to find a hideous outfit. I always thought I was such a fashionista. I loved clothes and was always up on current fashions. Or so I thought. Funny how looking back at all these photos how ridiculous these outfits look now. Just like Randi says "the funny thing about fashion--it changes, and so does what our mind perceives as good and acceptable"! Check it out for yourself.
That's me in the middle with the cool polyester polka dot red outfit, with the blue tie! Check out my Mum's cool pumpkin orange polyester turtle neck and white poly bell bottom pants. Total 70's outfit.
Moving right along to the 80's... this was my absolute favourite outfit. A green flannel pant suit cinched at the HIPS with a leather belt. Bottoms of pants rolled in to make it narrow, followed by black nylons and pointy shoes.
Another cool 80's outfit. Narrow khaki's with white socks and desert boots. All topped off by a baggy black sweater nice thick bangs and hair in a big black velvet scrunchy!

So there you have it all my cool outfits that I can't believe I actually wore. Too bad I couldn't find a photo of my ultimate favourite outfit. It was a fluorescent green t-shirt worn underneath a black mesh tank top paired with leggings converse runners and several black gummy bracelets. Oh yeah and lets not forget the oodles of Duran Duran pins I wore on my mesh Tank top!

I must admit, I really enjoyed this weeks theme. It was so fun to take a walk down memory lane. It was pretty cool growing up in the 70's and 80's.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your pictures! The first one reminds me of DEVO! All you need is a hat that looks like stacked legos! ;)

I had a couple of pairs of desert boots too. My blue suede pair was AWESOME--or at least I thought so!!!

Thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

So been there! The bracelets - ack! Duran Duran! How about Frankie Goes to Hollywood???? Thanks for making me smile....

Joanna said...

Hee hee! This is too funny! Yes, I had lots of polyester in my childhood and big hair as a teenager. I had a purple mesh top that I wore, like, every other day. Geesh. Oh yes, and lets not forget the dark eyeliner.

Anonymous said...

How funny to look through! That first picture of you from the '80s is a classic. I love the white ladder against the white wall...so cool, and so 80s, like a J Geils Band video or something. I completely remember rolling pants legs in to make them extra narrow at the bottom. I would NEVER do that today! But you never know...that style may come back.

XO,
Jill

Katie said...

I always rolled my pants that way too, all the cool kids did! If only we knew~