Monday, February 19, 2007

36 things about me

Funny how when it is some one's birthday I get really excited. But when it is my own I get a bit depressed. I start to reflect about my life, who I am and what I have and haven't done with my life. So this post is more for me, a reminder of who I am and what I have done with my life so far. Feel free to sign off now. It is not in order of importance.


1. I turned 36 today.
2. I am off Irish-British-South African-Scottish Descent.
3. I have Auburn hair with lots of gray that I try to hide.
4. I have freckles. I used to hate them as a child. I would call them beauty spots and try to cover them up.
5. I have one sister. We are very close.
6. My parents separated when I was 6.
7. I am estranged from my Father.
8. He was adopted.
9. I started dating my Husband when I was 17.
10. We have been together for 19 years, more then half my life.
11. I have been married for 12 years.
12. My husband is of Filipino-Spanish-Irish-American descent.
13. My husband taught me to drive when I was 19. So if I'm a bad driver, it's his fault.
14. I have a degree in psychology.
15. I had hoped to get a PhD. in counselling psychology. However, I had to withdraw halfway through the masters program. My daughter started having seizures and had a kidney disease as a baby. I couldn't manage it all.
16. Family always comes first!
17. I had no intention of being a stay-at-home-Mum. But God had different plans for me.
18. I am so glad I am a stay-at-home Mum. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being with my kids. I have learned so much from them.
19. I was married at 24, had my first child at 27, and my second at 29.
20. Before kids, I worked at a University in the Psychology department. I worked there for 9 years. I loved my job.
21. As part of my job I ran the Holocaust Documentation Project. I interviewed Holocaust Survivors and Documented their stories on video tape. It was a life changing experience.
22. I am a co-Author on Seven published articles and one book, all about the Holocaust.
23. As an Adult I have travelled to the Philippines, Mexico, Hawaii, California, Vermont, Quebec, and all through BC.
24. I am Anglican.
25. I am shy in large groups.
26. But... I am an extrovert. I get my energy by being around other people.
27. I love to read.
28. I love Music.
29. My Mum was 36 when she first started to experience symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. The same age I am. She was diagnosed at 45.
30. My Mum is my role-model.
31. A few years ago I had a little home based business as a professional organizer.
32. I used to be anally organized before I had kids. Now I aspire to be organized.
33. I hope to one day write a children's book.
34. Chocolate and Coca-cola are my two weaknesses in life!
35. I love to garden.
36. I am a very blessed person and have so much that I am thankful for!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

beki said...

Happy Birthday Erin! I hope that you had a great day!!!

Joanna said...

Happy birthday! So neat to read your list. You and I are the same age--for a couple weeks anyway :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Erin!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Happy, happy birthday! So fun to read all about you.

Your job at the university documenting the Holocaust sounds amazing. I'll never forget the Holocaust Museum in DC, nor visiting Dachau as a young teen. It made a HUGE impression on me.

Wishing you a wonderful day--or what's left of it!

Erin said...

Thanks guys for all the birthday wishes. It turned out to be a great day.

vintagechica said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! Happy, Happy Day and hope it was a good one.