Wednesday, February 28, 2007

True Loves Wednesday

True loves - My Grandfather, my Mum, and my Grandmother. This picture was taken in 1946, my Mum was 14 months old. I love this photo so much, it invokes such strong emotions from me. I have it on my night table so it is the last thing I see when I go to bed and the first thing I see when I wake up. These three people in the photo had such an impact on my life. My Grandparents were truly amazing people.They were very involved in my life. They showed me nothing but unconditional love and taught me so much. I miss them both. My Mum is also a truly amazing woman. She raised my sister and I on her own. She put herself through university, while working and caring for us. She would do with-out so we could have. My Mum taught me so much. She taught me about patience, perseverance, courage, kindness, respect, love, selflessness, God... the list goes on. My Mum has had a difficult life, but she never complains. She always has a smile on her face and love to give. Even though she is in constant pain as she suffers from Multiple Sclerosis and Fibromyalgia. She is wheel chair/Scooter bound, but that doesn't stop her from seeing the world and enjoying life. Mum you truly are an inspiration. I love you!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet photo...I love your Grandma's smile & the way your Grandfather is looking at your mum.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! : )