Have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend :o)
Friday, February 16, 2007
Fitting In
A few weeks ago my daughter informed me that she wanted to grow out her bangs. That's fine, I said. I really didn't give it much thought, until last night. I asked her why she decided to grow them out. She told me that none of her friends have bangs and that she wants to "fit In". I find this really sad. Miss D. has always been so unique and never really worried about "Fitting In" before. She has a very unique sense of style, her own. She is the only one in her class who wears a dress or skirt everyday to school (even on gym days). She loves to read, knit, write stories and is a very caring and gentle little soul. She knows what she likes and doesn't like regardless of what others like/dislike. I have always encouraged her to be herself and she always has, until now. I know I am being melodramatic but she is only 8. Too young in books to be worried about fitting in.
I posted this picture as it is a good example of Miss D's uniqueness. Bowling in a skirt. I love how her striped tights (her favourite) match her top.
Have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend :o)
Have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, it happens too soon...
If she does decide to grow out her bangs and they're always in her eyes and driving you crazy (Audrey has grown out her bangs several times and it always drove me NUTS to see her hair in her eyes), the best thing is to create a french braid crown. Do a tiny french braid with her bangs and some of the longer hair behind her bangs after you wash it. If it's tight enough, the braid will last all week--through washings and keep all little hairs out of her face. It looks totally cute...and so she can go from in-between stage bangs to no bangs in no time flat!
Audrey wore her hair like that for months at a time until her bangs were long enough and we bobbed the rest of her hair to match.
Post a Comment