Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A mish-mash sort of day!

Today was a busy and exciting day. First of all, our mini-swap package from Justine arrived today. The kids were so excited to open up the package. Miss D. received a lovely box type organizer. Each box was numbered and had trinkets, such as beads, yarn, tape, inside. This lovely necklace was inside too. She also received three beautiful hand made butterflies. Miss D. loves butterflies.
Mr. B received a great dinosaur pillowcase and an Australia t-shirt. Thanks so much Justine, Angus and Abigail. I'll post more from our mini-swap on flickr.
Then we spent afternoon making Valentine cards for our family and friends. Miss D. has decided that she is going to do a riddle and treasure hunt for my card. She has hidden little notes all over the house with clues as to where my card is. I can't wait until tomorrow to look for it.
Finally, just as I was dropping my daughter off at Brownies tonight she casually mentioned that her teacher said it was okay to bring goodies to school tomorrow. They are going to have a little Valentine's celebration. Guess what I did tonight? Yep, baked about 4 dozen sugar cookies and a huge batch of icing. Needless to say, I have done my fair share of sampling tonight and feel absolutely ill. BTW...I realize they look very brown in the picture. Don't worry, they aren't burnt, I used whole wheat flour.

No comments: